- This event has passed.
Passive House Design 101: A Crash Course with Erik Durbas
Tuesday, February 18 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
Join Certified Passive House Consultant, Erik Durbas for this informative presentation about designing and retrofitting a Passive Home Design. He will explore the following questions:
- What are the thermal performance characteristics of various materials and how are they assembled?
- How is an air-tightness control layer created?
- What are the impacts of thermal-bridging that are commonly seen in to-code construction?
- What are high efficiency heating and cooling appliances?
- What are the benefits of passive solar gain?
This is a free talk intended to introduce the basics of designing or retrofitting a home to meet the Passive House
standard. Erik Durbas says that he hopes he aims to help the community better understand “the best ways we can secure our energy future and create resilient buildings for the next generations to come.”
No registration is required for this talk.