- This event has passed.
Michael Lund’s Broadway Musical Tributes
Sunday, August 11 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Michael Paul Lund of Serendipity Recordings will return for his fifth and final installment of Broadway musical tributes on Sunday, August 11 at 2:00 pm at the Camden Public Library. This time around, Lund will highlight three classic blockbusters: “Cabaret,” “Oklahoma,” and “100 in the Shade.” The presentation will include songs from the original productions, discussion about the groundbreaking aspects of the three shows, and explore the great personalities that starred in the iconic roles.
Michael Lund is a favorite of Camden audiences, whose enthusiasm for the Broadway will enthrall and delight those who attend.
- Written by the team of composer John Kander and Lyricist Fred Ebb.
- Opened on Broadway on November 20th,1966 and starred the great Joel Grey as master-of-ceremonies. Grey also starred in the movie version that featured a young Liza Minelli as Sally Bowles.
- The first major collaboration between Richard Rodgers & Oscar Hammerstein.
- Its success was immediate when it opened on Broadway on March 31,1943. It then ran a staggering 2,212 performances. Since then it has never been out of international circulation.
- Popular songs include: Oh, What A Beautiful Mornin’, Surrey With The Fringe On Top, People Will Say We’re In Love, and of course the title tune, Oklahoma!
“110 in the Shade”
- Tony award winner with a plot that is a throwback to the movie, The Rainmaker.
- The score is by the team of Tom Jones & Harvey Schmidt. This is the same partnership that “The Fantastics.”
- Its recent Broadway revival was also a huge success.