Lyme Disease 101: Risks and Prevention
Tuesday, March 30, 2021 @ 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm
The Camden Public Library welcomes Rika Keck, FND-P, of NY Integrated Health and the Global Lyme Alliance Ambassador Program, for an informational online presentation about Lyme disease risks and prevention. This free program will be hosted on Zoom. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a link to attend.
Participants in this program will:
- Learn how to protect themselves, their children, and pets against a tick bite, and what to do if you find a tick.
- Find out about the newest and specialized testing options.
- Consider various co-infections and viral activation that can keep many Lyme-sick individuals misdiagnosed with other illnesses.
- Hear about the newest (controversial) “Clinical Practice Guidelines by the Infectious Diseases Society of America (IDSA), American Academy of Neurology (AAN), and American College of Rheumatology (ACR): 2020 Guidelines for the Prevention, Diagnosis, and Treatment of Lyme Disease,” which was published in Arthritis & Rheumatology, Arthritis Care & Research, Clinical Infectious Diseases, and Neurology® online on November 30, 2020.
- Learn about the impact of Covid-19 on the Lyme community.
- Have a chance to ask the presenter questions.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER: Rika K. Keck is a certified Functional Diagnostic Nutrition Practitioner, FDN-P. In 2007, she founded NY Integrated Health, LLC, a holistic nutrition, exercise, and wellness company.
Her mission includes the exploration of healing opportunities for clients who are chronically ill with symptoms associated with Lyme disease and co-infections, and clients who wish to engage in herbal interventions while in antibiotic treatment. Rika also consults with clients who are experiencing biotoxin illness associated with harmful mold exposure in water-damaged homes or workspaces.
In 2017, she published her first book entitled, Nourish, Heal, Thrive: a comprehensive and holistic approach to living with Lyme disease. (Greenleaf Book Group). It’s a resourceful read for individuals while in antibiotic or alternative Lyme disease treatment and for those who never fully recovered post-treatment. Her second book is Nourish Your Brain Cookbook: Discover how to keep your brain healthy with 60 delicious recipes was published in the fall of 2017.
Since December 2016, Keck has been a Member of the International Lyme and Associated Diseases Society (ILADS). As of 2018, Rika has been a founding member of The Global Lyme Alliance Ambassador Program, which is committed to community education and outreach.
Currently she is primarily based in Washington Depot, CT.