Book Donations Accepted at the Blue Door Book Shed
Tuesday, March 15 @ 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
CAMDEN PUBLIC LIBRARY BOOK DONATION POLICY
Donations of hardcover, paperback & audio books, DVDs, CDs & puzzles in good condition or better are always welcome. Please be sure items are clean (do not emit an odor or physically appear to be musty or moldy) and undamaged. If donating puzzles, please be sure that all pieces are present.
The book shed, located in the Meadow Parking Lot next to the Amphitheatre on Atlantic Avenue, is open to receive donations every Tuesday from 9AM-noon. Please do not leave donations at the book shed at any other time. The weather will get to them before we do.
If you are planning to make a large donation, or you can’t make our regular Tuesday drop off hours, call the Library (236-3440) and speak with a staff member who will take your information so that one of our volunteers can give you a call to make other timing arrangements.
We ask that donations be brought in bags or boxes, which we are happy to return to you on the spot.
Sorry, but we cannot accept the following:
- Items that appear to be moldy/mildewed or that have a musty odor
- Books with stained or torn covers
- Books with content that is underlined, highlighted &/or annotated
- Encyclopedias (unless they are more than 100 years old)
- Readers Digest condensed books
- Vinyl records, cassette tapes, and VHS tapes
- Most textbooks (call first to see if the age and topics of the textbooks you want to donate will be something that we feel our buyers will purchase)
- Medical or health books more than 3 years old
- Technical or computer books more than 2 years old
Once donations are accepted, they may be added to the Library’s collection, sold at a book sale or via an on-line outlet. In the event of items being sold, the proceeds are used to support library programs.
THANKS FOR YOUR CONTINUED SUPPORT!!!!