Technology Resources at the Library
The Camden Public Library offers free wireless internet access throughout our entire building and also outdoors in our Amphitheatre and Park.
We have internet accessible computers that are available inside the library for customer use. These machines are all PCs and all of them contain Microsoft Office programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- The 3rd Floor (Reading Room) has seven internet accessible computers available for library users who have a Camden Public Library card.
- On the first floor of the library we have four internet accessible computers available for any library user (no library card required). These computers are perfect for individuals who simply need a short period of time on the computer.
- The library also has four internet accessible computers available for children with library cards. These particular computers also have children’s games available on them.
- 10 Kindle Touch models are available for check out for 2 weeks. Half are pre-loaded with titles and half are empty for you to download your own. A valid library card and a Maine state ID (driver’s license) are required. Check the catalog to see if one is available.
- 5 iPad Airs are available to check out for 2 weeks. A valid library card and a Maine state ID (driver’s license) are required. Check the catalog to see if one is available.
- The library offers Cyber Sundays – monthly session, by appointment, with our Technology Coordinator. Please sign up here: http://librarycamden.org/learn-research/cybersundays/
- Camden Public Library has a mobile app. Download it today!
- We also offer access to many online resources such as research databases, genealogy databases, foreign language learning, financial information.